I started the draft for this post after I got back from the We Believe campaign last June 10 when I saw some of the Azkals for the first time. The Azkals have already made Philippine football history and I have yet to finish this post. Hence, I think I will make this one a series of posts.
Originally, this post is about why I believe in the Philippine National Football team. But with the Azkals’ rise in popularity come the haters and nonbelievers, and so inspired by the film 10 Things I Hate About You, I present the ten things I love about the PHL Azkals:
- The Azkals are proudly Pinoy.
- They are dreamers.
- They are doers.
- They make good use of their celebrity status.
- They have a sense of humor.
- They are social media savvy.
- They are a mixed bag.
- They look good on magazine covers, TVCs, and billboards.
- They treat fans well.
- They make us fall in love with the beautiful game.